WICS council has received the following letter which may be of interest to our members. Please consider attending if you are able. WICS Chair.
We look forward to welcoming you to the ‘First Welsh International Symposium on Emergency Medicine’ which is scheduled for 16 – 17 May 2016 in the City Hall in Cardiff, Wales, UK.
Our website: http://www.wisem2016.org/ has been launched and is now open for registration, abstract submission and for booking accommodation. You may also like to take advantage of some of Wales stunning attractions including Golf and relaxation at the Celtic Manor which hosted the 2014 North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Summit, the 2010 Ryder Cup, and the annual Wales Open.
The theme is “The World Comes to Wales: Facing the Grand Challenges of this Age in Emergency Medicine and Acute General Medicine”, and the emphases will be on ‘Experience – Exposure – Opportunity’ in emergency medicine and acute general medicine.
The Symposium topics include:
· System challenges
· Medical Emergencies
· Prehospital care
· Haemostasis and anticoagulation
· Toxicology and alcohol
· Trauma and injury prevention
· Paediatric Emergencies
· Acute biomedical research
· Molecular markers for diagnostics and prognostics
· Life Sciences Hub and Drug Discovery
· Quality Improvement
· Medical Education in Emergency Medicine
· Investing in trainees and medical students
• Early Bird Registration: closes: 5pm GMT, 22nd March 2016
• Abstract submission: closes: 18th February 2016
• Abstract Acceptance notification: 21st March 2016
Welsh International Symposium on Emergency Medicine 2016