The WICS Summer Scientific Meeting will be held this year in the award winning St Bride’s Spa in Saundersfoot on the 21st and 22nd of June 2018.
Among the many national and international speakers scheduled to talk are Professor Anders Perner (Copenhagen) – Keynote speaker , Dr Charlotte Summers (Cambridge) and Dr Zudin Puthucheary (University College London).
The 2 day meeting will attract 10 RCoA CPD points and is open to all healthcare professionals and trainees regardless of whether they are WICS members or not.
We are pleased to announce that Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Europe have agreed to be the platinum sponsors for the event and will be holding a satellite symposium during the meeting.
The meeting will also feature the Ed Major Prize (for all non consultants – entry details available from the Audit and research secretary on WICSARG@gmail.com), an Industry fair, the Annual General Meeting of WICS and the annual WICS dinner and social event.
There are discounts for WICS members, Trainees, Nurses and AHPs and also a further “Early bird” discount for registrations before 19th April – see below.
- For 2 days non-members/members:
- Consultants: £ 340 / £300
- Nurses /AHPs; £140/ £120
- Trainees: £ 180 / £160
- Ed Major prize presenters: second day fee reduced to £40 if WICS members – so total fee for 2 days would be £120
- Students: £20 but must be WICS members.
- Early bird discount: 20% WICS members, 10% non members on the above rates (except students) – if paid in full prior to 00:00 19th April
- For 1 day non-members/members:
- Consultants: £ 170 / £150
- Nurses /AHPs; £70/ £60
- Trainees: £ 90 / £80
- Ed Major prize presenters who are members of WICS attending for second day only pay a reduced rate of £40. Non members must pay the full daily rate of £80 (or join).
- Students: £10 per day but must be WICS members.
- Early bird discount: 20% WICS members, 10% non members on the above rates (except students) – if paid in full prior to 00:00 19th April .
Places are limited so book now.
Evening meal : £40 per person
For further details or to register please email:
Ms Susan James – meeting secretary – Susan.James6@Wales.nhs.uk
Dr Hywel Roberts – meeting organiser – WICSchair@gmail.com
Please note that registration fees and booking for the evening meal will be through WICS.
Booking of hotel rooms for delegates will be directly with the hotel at a special WICS discounted rate if booked before 19th May. Details of how to book these rooms are on the registration form for the meeting.